Access to things that matter most.
Patients & Visitors
- About Your Hospital Stay
- Accessibility to Services
- Patient Safety
- Social Work
- Spiritual Care
Speaking of HealthTips to keep stress from hurting your heartFebruary 06, 2023
Speaking of HealthUncomfortable skin conditions in kids: Eczema, psoriasisFebruary 03, 2023
Speaking of HealthWeigh benefits, risks carefully before taking off-label medicationFebruary 03, 2023
About Your Hospital Stay
During your stay, you will have a team of health care professionals who are committed to providing you with the highest quality care. Your team may include providers, nurses, discharge planners, as well as lab, radiology technologists, technicians, therapists, patient transporters, social workers and dietitians.
Many of these health care professionals wear color-coded uniforms to help you easily identify their role. Those you will see most often include:
- Registered nurses (R.N.s) are responsible for providing your care, administering medications and assessments. R.N.s wear royal blue attire.
- Patient care assistants (P.C.A.s) assist R.N.s in providing your care. P.C.A.s wear burgundy attire.
The physicians who care for you during your stay are family practice physicians who are located in Waseca. They provide inpatient care, as well as post-hospital care on an outpatient basis.
For additional information about your stay, visit the following pages:
- Amenities – Room service, chaplain services, language/interpreter services, newspaper delivery and more.
- Care Team Visits – See when your doctors, nurses and other staff will be taking care of you.
- Meals – Information about room service dining.
- Partners in Care – You play an important role in your care. Stay informed, ask questions and speak up if you have concerns.
- Patient Privacy – Mayo Clinic has always been a leader in protecting patients' medical information.
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities – You have specific rights and responsibilities that will help make your care as safe and effective as possible.
- Patient Safety – Keeping you safe while in our care is important to us. Watch a video about patient safety.
- Pharmacy Services – All medications given during your stay are reviewed by a pharmacist.
- Social Services – Social workers can help you in multiple ways, including acting as a referral service to community agencies and helping you make necessary arrangements for leaving the hospital.
- Visiting Hours and Guidelines – If you have family and friends coming to visit you during your hospital stay, review our visitors guide for information on local hotel accommodations, visiting hours and more.