When you need emergency care, every minute counts. That’s why we offer emergency care close to your home and are dedicated to putting your needs first. Our Emergency Department is a Wisconsin verified Level IV trauma care facility and designed to provide expert, whole-person emergency care.
- The Emergency Department is ready 24 hours a day to provide care for all types of emergencies.
- Our highly trained staff and specialized equipment, along with our connection to thousands of Mayo Clinic experts, can provide you and your family quality emergency care, close to home.
- Our staff provides care at Emergency Departments in Eau Claire, Barron, Bloomer, Menomonie and Osseo. You can expect the same care standards and close communication between all locations.
- Our staff is certified in Comprehensive Advanced Life Support (CALS).
- During major medical traumas, our staff is able to consult with and, if necessary, transfer care to the trauma and emergency medicine specialists at Eau Claire's Level II Trauma Center.
- Telestroke is available to remotely evaluate people who have had or are having a stroke. If your emergency medicine provider suspects you are having a stroke, he or she will use stroke telemedicine technology to connect to a Mayo Clinic vascular neurologist. The vascular neurologist will provide a real-time, audiovisual consultation and evaluation. Having this technology available reduces the risk of stroke-related disabilities for our patients.
Always call 911 if you have an emergency.