Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine (Children)
Child Development Services in Onalaska
Child Development Services provide comprehensive, individualized assessments and treatments for children and adolescents.
Our child development team is made up of experts from a variety of disciplines to ensure that the child's treatment is as thorough and effective as possible. Our mission is to combine a meticulous, but individualized, evaluation with long-term caring follow-up. Our treatment for infants, children, and adolescents is family-centered, with close integration of school and community support services.
Childhood disorders influence the entire family, not just the child involved. Early diagnosis and comprehensive treatment is important in attaining the best possible outcomes for the child. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of infants, children, and adolescents with neuro-developmental disorders.
Some examples include:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (including Autism)
- Oppositional and Conduct Disorders, School Refusal
- Developmental Delay Syndromes
- Bedwetting and Encopresis
- Tourette Syndrome
- Learning Disorders
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Behavior changes related to injuries or abuse situations
- Habit and Tic Disorders
Many children with these disorders experience great stress in their lives, at school, at home, with their friends. Therapy helps increase self-esteem, social skills, and coping techniques, and traditional psychiatric and medical treatments help treat anxiety and depression.
- Evaluation and treatment of behavioral, emotional, neuro-developmental, social, learning, and attention problems
- Continuity of therapy and management
- Medication evaluation and follow-up
- Psychological testing
- Central auditory processing testing
- Speech and language assessments and therapies
- Liaison between medical and school personnel