- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Blood Flow Restriction Exercise Training
- Child Bed-Wetting
- Dry Needling
- Gait & Balance Dysfunction
- Industrial Rehabilitation
- Inner Ear Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Parkinson's Disease Therapy
- Pediatric Therapy
- Pelvic Health Dysfunction
- Sports Performance & Injury Prevention
Sports Performance & Injury Prevention - Mankato
Sports-related injuries can be devastating and often require surgery, intensive rehabilitation and months away from your sport. If your sport requires jumping, pivoting, twisting or lunging movements, you are at risk for an injury.
Our team of sports medicine physicians, surgeons and rehabilitation specialists are available to help you recover should an injury occur. However, we realize injury prevention is the best option to keep you in the game, and it's our highest priority. Injury prevention also can keep your health care costs down.
The Sports Performance and Injury Prevention Program combines physical therapy and sports medicine, and centers on improving athletic performance and preventing injuries.
It focuses on regaining proper neuromuscular control through:
- Balance exercises
- Core stabilization and strengthening
- Instruction in postural awareness and body mechanics
- Speed and agility
- Sports-specific functional activities
In addition to preventing injury, you will learn game-changing techniques to:
- Boost your acceleration
- Increase your vertical jump
- Improve your ability to change directions
Watch as a runner is evaluated using gait analysis — a treatment tool for runners to help prevent injury and improve running performance:
Visit our Sports Medicine Department for related information.