Need to make an appointment?
- Benefits of Anticoagulation Services
- A Typical Appointment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Needs Warfarin?
Speaking of HealthTips for safe snow shovelingMarch 10, 2023
Speaking of HealthWhen to see a cardiologistFebruary 27, 2023
Speaking of HealthHeart disease in women: Symptoms, risk factorsFebruary 27, 2023
If you’re taking anticoagulation medications such as Coumadin (warfarin) to prevent blood clots, close monitoring is essential and we're here to help. Illnesses, medications and some foods influence Coumadin’s effect on blood clotting. Regular blood tests and dose adjustments are necessary to avoid bleeding while preventing undesired clotting.
Mayo Clinic Health System anticoagulation services are staffed by clinicians with advanced anticoagulation training. They work with your primary care provider and other specialists to help you manage your anticoagulation therapy.
- Point of care (finger stick) testing
- Anticoagulation medication adjustment
- Close supervision of treatment to ensure effectiveness and monitor side effects
- Screening and education about food and drug interactions
- Bridging therapy in the event of surgery or other procedures
Learn more about our services in the menu or call us at the number below.
Clinic312 N. Main St., Janesville, MN 56048
- Mon-Tue:8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thu-Fri:8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Closed from 12-12:45 daily. Clinic hours subject to change on holidays.
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.