Mayo Clinic Health System understands that patients' health and well-being are influenced not only by health care, but by the health of the communities in which they live, work and raise families. As an active participant in fostering vibrant, healthy communities, our commitment to patients and staff extends beyond our walls. We're proud of our partnerships with local and regional programs, initiatives and events that make a positive, lasting effect on community well-being.
Additionally, leaders and staff participate in dozens of community events, discussions, educational presentations and volunteer opportunities each year.
Sponsorships and donations
We support the well-being of the community by providing organizations, programs, events and initiatives with cash and in-kind sponsorship support. Priority is given to requests that align with the Community Health Needs Assessments or promote health and well-being, but a wide array of requests are considered each year. Requests from areas of the community where we have a presence will be considered.
Many nonprofit organizations request sponsorship support each year. A budgeted amount of dollars for sponsorships is allowed each fiscal year. While the contributions of these organizations are important to the community, as a nonprofit organization, we are not able to support every request.
Review these guidelines prior to submitting a sponsorship request:
- Sponsorships should align with the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities of Mayo Clinic Health System.
- Sponsorships should benefit the communities Mayo Clinic Health System serves.
- We are unable to support requests for or from:
- Promotion of personal or organizational financial gain
- Endowment funds
- Religious organizations for the sole benefit of their group or congregation
- Individual or group participation in athletic competitions and camps
- Political and for-profit organizations
- Programs and projects that limit participation for reason of race, age, religion, national origin, marital status, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability (physical and intellectual), genetic, veteran status and status with regard to public assistance
- The needs or goals of individuals or small groups (in-kind donations, such as door prizes or auction items, may be provided, as appropriate)
- Organizations with little or no presence in Mayo Clinic Health System's service area
- Ongoing operations, rather than specific programs
- Budget shortfalls
How to request sponsorship support:
- Submit your request at least 60 days prior to event date.
- Include your organization's W-9. If another organization is serving as the fiscal agent, a letter on the organization's official letterhead supporting the request must accompany the sponsorship form.
- Consider your annual activities, and submit a single request encompassing all activities for the year instead of multiple individual requests, if applicable.
Email Community Engagement with questions about sponsorship requests.
Grants and scholarships
We also offer these community grants and individual scholarships:
- Hometown Health Grant funding
This is a charitable contribution in the form of a monetary gift to support innovative efforts to improve health, awarded through an annual application process. Grant funding must be used as stipulated by Mayo Clinic Health System. Learn more about applying for the Hometown Health Grant.
Scholarships are awarded annually to local high school seniors pursuing education for a health-related career. The application process is managed through the school. Check with your school to learn more.