Access to things that matter most.
For Patients & Visitors
Patient Safety & Quality
It's important to have access to patient safety information so you can make objective choices about your health care:
- Patient safety is an integral part of Mayo Clinic Health System operations, and there are many patient safety initiatives in process. Our hospitals and clinics work together as a team to identify and enhance patient safety efforts.
- Quality and patient safety data show we deliver care equivalent to, or better than, care delivered elsewhere in the United States. We use resources wisely and efficiently to deliver the best possible care, and we're committed to achieving even higher levels of quality of care, service and safety.
- We ensure patients get the appropriate level of care at the appropriate location. Our referral process with Mayo Clinic provides patients needing more complex care access to Mayo Clinic experts.
- Patient information is stored in an electronic medical record system that both Mayo Clinic Health System and Mayo Clinic health professionals can access, making patient information easily accessible from all locations.
You, as the patient, also play a vital role in making your care safe by becoming an active, involved and informed member of your care. Watch our "Keeping You Safe" video to learn more:
For more information on patient safety, visit the Institute for Safety Medication Practice.
We participate in numerous state and national health care quality reporting initiatives. The organizations below provide health care quality data:
- Inpatient quality level data from Medicare
- Quality Check by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Adverse events reporting from Minnesota Department of Health
- Clinical ambulatory quality data from Minnesota Community Measurement
- CheckPoint clinical quality data presented by the Wisconsin Hospital Association
- PricePoint cost of service data presented by the Wisconsin Hospital Association
- Reports by the Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality and Wisconsin Hospital Association
Safety and quality awards and recognitions
Learn about our quality and safety recognitions.