Hospital and Clinic501 N. State St., Waseca, MN 56093
I take a patient-centered approach to meet my patients where they're at during the assessment and treatment phases of therapy. Therapy should be a nonjudgmental space for them to feel safe, and build trust to work through the thoughts and situations they may otherwise feel unable to share.
I have spent most of my career focused on trauma-based therapies and trainings. I am trained in both cognitive processing therapy and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, which help my patients overcome past trauma and move forward with their lives. My practice typically focuses on short-term therapy, but can be adjusted based on need.
I am passionate about my work and being a resource to help my patients achieve their goals. I started working for Mayo Clinic Health System in 2017. Prior to this, I worked in residential group homes and family-based positions providing clinical services.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my spouse, our children and our very energetic dogs.
Training & Credentials
- Master's degree, Social Work, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Family Group Decision Making and Family-Based Clinical Services, Greater Minnesota Family Services, serving Blue Earth, Brown, Sibley and Wantonwan counties in Minnesota
- Licensed independent clinical social worker
- Permanency and adoption competency
- Adoption and permanency
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy
- Working with children with attachment disorders