Dr. Varkey is president of Mayo Clinic Health System, home to 17,000 employees serving 16 community hospitals and 53 multispecialty clinics across 44 communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Dr. Varkey previously served as the CEO and president of the Yale New Haven Health Northeast Medical Group and as the CEO and president of the Seton Clinical Enterprise. She served at Mayo Clinic in Rochester for 11 years, including Associate Chair of Mayo Clinic Department of Medicine in Rochester, Medical Director of Center for Value, Medical Director of Ask Mayo Clinic, and Program Director of Preventive Medicine Fellowship.
Dr. Varkey is interested in innovative health care transformation, leadership development and population health. She is a past president of the American College of Medical Quality.
Dr. Varkey is an internal medicine physician specializing in preventive medicine and Professor of Medicine and Preventive Medicine at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science. To learn more about Dr, Varkey, please view her full biography.
Training & Credentials
- MBBS, Christian Medical College
- Master of Public Health, Health Care Management, Harvard School of Public Health
- Master of Health Professions Education, University of Illinois Medical Center
- Master of Business Administration, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Honorary Masters of Arts, Yale University
- Internal Medicine, Yale New Haven Health Hospital of St. Raphael
- Preventive Medicine, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Preventive Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- President, Mayo Clinic Health System
- Professor of Preventive Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
Research & Publications
My full list of publications.