Speaking of HealthChildren and screen time: How much is too much?May 28, 2021
Speaking of HealthTips to help ease anxietyFebruary 10, 2021
Featured TopicKeeping your holidays safe during the COVID-19 pandemicNovember 05, 2020
Locations & Services
Clinic212 E. Lake St., Waterville, MN 56096
As a Mayo Clinic family medicine provider, I have an established and coveted relationship with the rural and farming community, and think of families as a bionet of person’s that take care of each other. I enjoy community health education, and have done multiple presentations for different communities on sun protection, skin cancer, pediatric health and wellness, and diet education.
I enjoy blogging about mental health, diabetes care, and how people can navigate through tough times in life, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. I am largely reachable and communicate by phone, email, telemedicine, and in-office visits. I enjoy meeting new faces, and connecting with families.
My special interests lie in meeting the patient where they are in their health needs, working with their health priorities, and guiding them through their care. I want my patients to understand to the best of their ability, their own personal health goals and diagnoses, and who they may seek for questions, care, referrals, and follow-up.
My personal interests include hobby farming, taking care of my loved ones, gardening, hunting, fishing, and meeting new people.
Training & Credentials
- Master's degree, Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Nurse Practitioner Residency Program, Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, Rochester, Minnesota
- Women's Health Rotation, Mankato Clinic, Minnesota
- Family Nurse Practitioner, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Certified medical examiner, Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Nexplanon implant trained, Merck
- Preceptor for Nurse Practitioner students, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Mortar Board Honor Society
- Sigma Theta Tau, Nursing Affiliate Honor Society
- Instructor in Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Rochester, Minnesota
- Behavioral and developmental pediatrics
- Chronic disease management
- Department of transportation (DOT) exams
- Diabetes mellitus
- Mental health – attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Newborn and infant care
- Preventive care and motivational interviewing
- Telemedicine, care everywhere