Speaking of HealthCoping with holiday stress: Keeping realistic expectationsDecember 09, 2022
Speaking of HealthDon't let unsafe toys spoil holiday funDecember 08, 2022
Speaking of HealthCan expressing gratitude improve your mental, physical health?December 06, 2022
Primary care is your first resource for health care in Waterville, Minnesota. It encompasses health services to cover a range of prevention, wellness and treatment of common health conditions and illnesses. It's also where you go for checkups and routine medical appointments.
Health care professionals in primary care include physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. They often maintain a long-term relationship with you to support and manage your ongoing care.
Choosing a primary care provider
Finding the right primary care provider is important, and it's the first step to take as a new patient. Having a primary care provider allows you to establish a trusting relationship with one person who gets to know you and your medical history, and who provides continuity of care for you and your family.
A primary care provider:
- Evaluates and treats day-to-day health problems
- Advises you on preventive screenings at different stages throughout your life
- Follows up with you to explain test results and judge how well your treatment is working
- Refers you to qualified specialists when needed
- Maintains the big picture of your overall health and treatment needs
Primary Care includes these specialties:
When selecting a primary care provider, you may consider:
- A clinic or office location
- A specific specialty: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Your medical conditions, perhaps matching your needs to the interests or expertise of the health care professional
To learn about our health care professionals, browse the directory of providers, making sure to select your preferred location.