Patients & Visitors
Transforming Health CareFrom Check Symptoms to video visit in one stepApril 06, 2023
Transforming Health CareCheck Symptoms offers evaluations, care recommendationsMarch 10, 2023
Transforming Health CareHealth disparities in preventive screenings for African AmericansFebruary 02, 2023
Accessibility to Services in Prairie du Chien
Mayo Clinic Health System provides equal health care access and opportunity to all patients. It offers a facility, care, programs and activities that are accessible to and useable by people with limited English proficiency and physical disabilities, including those who are deaf, hard of hearing or blind, or those who have other sensory impairments.
Special aids and services, including in-person and virtual options, will be arranged and provided for free. Services for the following patients are available during regular hours of operation, including 24/7 in the hospital:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Limited English proficiency
- Manual, speech or visual
Staff may offer assistance to a patient in need, or a patient or companion can ask any staff member for assistance. Children under 18 may not be used as an interpreter or be allowed to interpret for family members who are patients.
Mayo Clinic Health System has several physical accessibility measures:
- Accessible offices, meeting rooms, restrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
- Handicapped parking stalls and van-accessible parking spaces are located at all locations.
- Level access into first-floor level with elevator access to all other floors.
- Patient escorts to transport patients to and from appointments. This free assistance is available for patients who have visual impairments, use wheelchairs or have difficulty walking. Staff members in patient care areas or at information desks can arrange an escort and provide directions or answer questions during visits.
Door attendants or patient care staff can help you arrange accessibility services. Family and friends are encouraged to assist you with special needs during your visit to Mayo Clinic Health System.
Accessibility services are available for free.
Wheelchairs are available free of charge for use on campus and are located at the entrance.
Limited English proficiency
Please notify the registration staff at the time you schedule an appointment if you would like an interpreter for your appointment. You are welcome to call an interpreter-assisted appointment line in the language you prefer:
Español: Para comunicarse con un intérprete en español
- Arcadia Clinic: 855-891-8360
- La Crosse Switchboard: 866-322-0653
- La Crosse Labor & Delivery: 855-565-4305
- Sparta Clinic: 855-517-7670
Soomaali: Si aad ula xiriirtid turjubaan Soomaali ah
- La Crosse Switchboard: 855-517-7679
Hmoob: Kev sib txuas lus nrog tus neeg txhais lus Hmoob
- La Crosse Switchboard: 888-781-5293