Featured TopicVideo visits help therapy patients recover at homeMay 14, 2020
Patient StoriesParkinson’s patient makes gains through targeted therapiesMarch 12, 2020
Speaking of HealthUnderstanding aphasia and communicating effectively with those afflictedJune 18, 2014
Speech Language Therapy
Speech therapy providers assist children and adults who face challenges in understanding or using language, incorrect speech sound production, stuttering, voice problems, or experience difficulties in eating or swallowing.
Speech therapy includes treatment and services in the following areas:
- Teaching patients how to make sounds and improve their voices.
- Teaching alternate communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with little or no speech capability.
- Working with patients to increase their ability to read and write correctly.
- Working with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow.
- Counseling patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders.
- Pediatric speech therapy.
Visit our Rehabilitation Therapies page for more information.
Rehabilitation Services504 Sixth Ave. NW, New Prague, MN 56071
- Mon-Fri:8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Staff are available to schedule appointments over the phone during the time listed above.