Heart Failure Clinic in Menomonie
Heart failure and its related therapies are complex. Managing your care works best when you're being treated, and are actively involved in, and educated about, your condition.
Mayo Clinic Health System's team offers the full range of care you need to learn about, treat and monitor heart failure. This team includes your primary care provider, cardiologists, advanced-practice providers, nurses, dietitians, pharmacists and other specialists.
In addition, Mayo Clinic Health System's team has adopted common guidelines that have been shown to create better outcomes for heart failure patients. The team's goal is to consistently and effectively manage your heart condition, prevent unnecessary emergency department visits or hospitalizations, and promote better self-management through education and lifestyle changes.
What's offered through the clinic?
- Assessment and diagnosis by experts in cardiology and heart failure.
- Treatment of your condition according to national guidelines.
- Ongoing disease management, and evaluation of symptoms, medications and lifestyle modifications.
- Extensive education to better manage your health and prevent hospitalization.
- Referral to electrophysiology for pacemakers, defibrillators and resynchronization therapy, and related services.
- Referral to the heart failure team when needed to receive assistance with nutrition, pharmacy, home health, spiritual care and hospice.
- Evaluation for advanced options, such as cardiac transplantation.
- Ongoing communication with your primary care provider to ensure that heart failure management blends with management of any other health concerns you may have.
How can I be seen at the Heart Failure Clinic?
Admission begins with a referral from your primary care provider or your cardiologist. Once enrolled, you'll have regularly scheduled visits in the clinic to allow the team to assess and treat symptoms at earlier stages. Education will help you to take charge of your life, prevent recurrent hospitalizations and reduce time in the hospital if hospitalization becomes necessary.Call us for more information or to schedule an appointment.