U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals"
Oncology Awards in Mankato, Minnesota
The Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program provides a three-year certification recognizing high-quality care for outpatient hematology-oncology practices within the U.S.
Benefits of QOPI certification
- A reputation as a champion of quality care
- 20 American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Practice Assessment points, CME credits, or CNE credits for each oncology professional participating in the program
- Access to quality and safety standards specific to the outpatient oncology setting
- A fostered culture of excellence and self-examination
Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons, recognizes cancer care programs for their commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality and multidisciplinary patient-centered care. The commission is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care.
Commission on Cancer accreditation provides real value to cancer programs. Programs can proudly demonstrate to their communities, providers, payers and the government that they have invested in systems aimed toward cancer patients receiving high-quality, coordinated care, and that they have made the efforts for supportive services and resources addressing the full continuum of care are available in their communities. Accreditation includes data reporting to, and feedback from, the National Cancer Database to assess hospital performance using nationally recognized quality of cancer care measures. These data systems allow hospitals to compare their quality of care, identify variations, and implement improvements to demonstrate the high quality of care they provide and their commitment to continuous quality improvement. Accreditation provides a cancer program with an infrastructure and data that informs care. It also gives cancer teams opportunities for leadership development, team building and programmatic development.
- Mayo Clinic locations in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota are accredited as a single facility through the National Cancer Institute. The next survey is fall 2023.
- Eau Claire and La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Mankato, Minnesota are accredited individually. The next survey is fall 2022.