Insurance & Billing
Price Estimates in Cannon Falls
We are happy to provide you with a good faith estimate for future services. To obtain an estimate, use our Cost Estimator tool or call us.
Cost Estimator tool
An online tool to provide you with a cost estimate of services.
Call 1-844-372-4497 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get a cost estimate of services. Have this information available:
- Description of services:
- If services are scheduled, a more accurate estimate will be attainable.
- If services have not been scheduled, you will need to provide a description of the medical service you are seeking or the CPT procedure code. Your attending or referring provider can give you this information.
- Insurance information and type of insurance
Good faith estimate
The pricing information is a best estimate based on the information we have available at the time of the request and is not a guarantee of charges. In many cases, it is impossible to predict the final charges. There are many variables involved in the actual services, such as:
- Length of time spent in surgery or recovery
- Specific equipment used
- Supplies and medications required
- Additional tests ordered by the provider
- Special care or unexpected conditions or complications
Regulations and legal language
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Effective Jan. 1, 2021, all hospitals in the U.S. are required to provide patients with easily accessible information on standard charges. This rule, set forth by CMS, mandates that hospitals establish, update and make public a list of standard charges for the items and services they provide. These requirements are part of CMS's larger initiative to promote price transparency in health care.
Mayo Clinic supports the intent of this rule to educate you on the cost of health care and your financial responsibilities. We want it to be easy for you to shop and compare prices and estimate the cost of care before going to the hospital. We can provide you with estimates for a full suite of services, done in the hospital or clinic setting. Select a method:
- Use the Cost Estimator tool.
- Call our Patient Estimating Service at 1-844-372-4497, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- View the CMS Price Transparency Machine Readable file.
No Surprises Act
CMS has instituted regulations to protect patients from surprise medical bills. The No Surprises Act protects patients with insurance through an employer, individual health plan or Health Insurance Marketplace from balance billing for designated services. Review the CMS Disclosure (PDF) for details of these balance billing protections. Patients with no insurance will be provided a good faith estimate for prescheduled appointments.
Minnesota Price Transparency
Minnesota law requires primary care and pediatric clinics to annually post the top 25 most commonly billed services priced over $25, including the top 10 Evaluation & Management and Preventive Medicine services.
We support the intent of this law to educate you on the cost of health care and your financial responsibilities. Amounts posted at the link below do not reflect amount(s) each clinic patient will pay for the services listed.