Pulmonary Rehab Program
Like cardiac rehab, learning breathing and relaxation techniques can help you can better cope with stressful situations and maximize your energy level. Our respiratory therapists in Bloomer and your motivation can improve your quality of life.
Call 715-568-6888 to learn more about our comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation program consisting of small group sessions taught by a team of respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, registered nurses, chaplains, dietitians and social workers. Individual monitored exercise programming also is an integral component of the program.
Program topics include:
- Advance directives
- Breathing techniques
- Coping skills
- Learning about home respiratory equipment
- Living with chronic respiratory disease
- Medication review
- Pacing yourself in daily activity
- Physical conditioning
- Relaxation techniques
In addition to individualized attention, some of our locations offer small group sessions for social support with others who share similar experiences. All services are provided on an outpatient basis.
You can have more control over the way you feel. Pulmonary rehabilitation has been shown to:
- Assist in developing a support system
- Improve capability for carrying out daily activities
- Improve quality of life
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Increase feelings of control and self-esteem
- Promote independence
- Reduce anxiety, panic and depression
- Reduce hospitalization and health problems
Medicare, Medical Assistance or private insurance carriers often cover costs of the program. Please check with your carrier.
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.