We request you pay your copayment and any anticipated out-of-pocket expenses when you check in for your appointment. With some situations, a prepayment may be requested when the appointment is scheduled. You may request financial counseling prior to receiving services by calling our Financial Clearance Call Center at 1-844-312-8263. We will help explain payment options, evaluate your financial need and inform you of government assistance.
You'll receive a statement on your account when there is a self-pay balance due and every 30 days thereafter. You won't receive a statement when your account balance is zero. If you are unable to pay your balance in full, call the toll-free number on your statement to discuss minimum payment requirements to keep your account in good standing. Extended payment plans are available based on your income and financial need.
MAKING A PAYMENT
Beginning Oct. 1, 2019, a number of Mayo Clinic Health System locations will accept only checks, and major credit and debit cards for account payment. Cash will no longer be accepted.
Payment options include:
- Call Patient Account Services at 1-844-217-9591.
- Pay by mail. Send your payment using the current statement stub to: Mayo Clinic, P.O. Box 790339, St. Louis, MO 63179-0339
- Pay online.
- Pay using the Mayo Clinic app.
- Pay using a self-serve kiosk at check-in locations.
ASSISTANCE PAYING YOUR BILL
We realize most medical expenses are unexpected, and we are committed to providing financial counseling to those who express concern in meeting payment expectations. It is important to let us know as soon as possible if you're having difficulty paying your bill. We help you determine if you qualify for programs, such as Medical Assistance, disability, Crime Victims’ Compensation and other local grants or charities.
We can help you find alternative sources of funding for your medical care. We determine your need for charity care based on financial information and the medical services needed. The financial information includes your individual and family income, assets, employment status, family size and availability of alternative sources of payment.
If you're experiencing financial hardship, contact Patient Account Services at 1-844-217-9591.
We may ask you to complete a Financial Assistance Application | Aplicación para ayuda económica en español which will help us evaluate your eligibility for charity care. Note that until your application has been reviewed and approved by our financial counselors, you'll be financially responsible for your medical care. Completing an application may not absolve you of your full financial responsibility.
Patients determined to be eligible for financial assistance will not be charged more than amounts generally billed to those who have insurance coverage for emergency or other medically necessary care. Eligible patients with insurance coverage will not be personally responsible to pay more than amounts generally billed after all payments by the health insurer have been applied. Read more about the basis for calculating amounts charged | Base para calcular el monto cobrado a los pacientes en español.
Please review our policies for detailed information:
- Financial Assistance Policy | Política de Ayuda Económica para en español
- Non-Hospital Charitable Care and Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance Policy: Fountain Centers | Política de Ayuda Económica para en español: Fountain Centers
- Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary | Política de ayuda económica - resumen en lenguaje simple en español
- Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary: Fountain Centers | Política de ayuda económica - resumen en lenguaje simple en español: Fountain Centers
- Mayo Clinic Billing and Collections Policy | Mayo Clinic Política de facturación y cobro en español
- Provider List | Minnesota Lista de proveedores de atención médica en español
Please return the completed Financial Assistance Application and all required information to:
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905-0001