It's a smart idea for all parents to get their child a school physical every other year after age 6.
To schedule a back-to-school physical, call one of our clinic locations:
- Barron: 1222 E. Woodland Ave., 715-537-6747
- Bloomer: 1501 Thompson St., 1-888-662-5666
- Chetek: 220 Douglas St., 715-537-6747
- Chippewa Falls: 611 First Ave., 1-888-662-5666
- Eau Claire: 733 W. Clairemont Ave. or 1400 Bellinger St., call your primary care provider's office or 715-464-7468
- Glenwood City: 219 E. Oak St., 715-265-7321
- Menomonie: 2321 Stout Road, 715-233-7777
- Mondovi: 700 Buffalo St., 715-926-4858
- Osseo: Seventh Street entrance, 1-866-544-6144
- Rice Lake: 331 S. Main St., 715-537-6747
Getting it done before summer starts may be important for a variety of reasons, including:
- Capitalizing on an opportunity to check developmental processes, catch any problems early and get your child the best early intervention resources available before the next school year starts.
- Ensuring your child's immunization records are up to date with all required immunizations. Your child's school may require this information before admitting your child.
- Discussing safe behaviors such as wearing a helmet, using a seatbelt, or securing firearms in the home, which can help keep your child safe over the summer and the coming years.
- Ensuring student athletes are prepared for the next sport season with discussion about healthy eating, safe exercise practices or how to manage a physical condition while playing sports. Getting an injury checked early can help ensure your child is recovering properly and ready to play again this fall.
There will be time for you to ask questions during the exam to ensure you are fully supported in your child’s overall health and well-being.