Find a Provider
Mayo Clinic Health System provides you access to Mayo Clinic care. We have more than 1,000 providers to serve more than half a million patients a year... all close to home.
Speaking of HealthAs we reopen, let’s keep each other safe and healthyJune 25, 2020
Locations & Services
La Crosse, WI
Clinic800 West Ave. S., La Crosse, WI 54601
Dr. Mueller serves as a regional vice president for Mayo Clinic Health System, overseeing the 10 locations headquartered from La Crosse, Wisconsin. He has been a consultant in general internal medicine for Mayo Clinic since 1998 and has chaired that department since 2009. He also is a professor of medicine and biomedical ethics for the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science. His appointment in La Crosse was effective Oct. 1, 2018.
Training & Credentials
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine – Baltimore, MD
- Master of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health – Baltimore, MD
- Osler Medical Service, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Baltimore, MD (resident & chief resident)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic Quality Academy - Silver Fellow
- American College of Physicians – Fellow
- American Medical Association
- American Osler Society – Board of Governors
In January 2019, Dr. Mueller was named a Fellow of The Hastings Institute, an internationally-renowned center for bioethics.
Dr. Mueller has authored or co-authored more than 120 peer-reviewed publications and hundreds of book chapters, abstracts, letters and columns. He is an associate editor of the New England Journal of Medicine Journal Watch General Medicine and section editor of the American College of Physicians' MKSAP 18 General Internal Medicine.