Locations & Services
I strive to provide highest quality, evidence based hematology and medical oncology care delivered through a collaborative, team-based, patient-centered approach, with a firm commitment to clinical research. Seek to develop and evaluate models of community based cancer care that will improve patient outcomes and accelerate scientific progress.
I am chair of Research at the Mayo Clinic and the Community Cancer Committee within the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group. I also serve as the representative for affiliate members on the ECOG-ACRIN Principal Investigator and Executive committees, and community co-chair for the Myeloma Committee.
I'm married to Kristen, the love of my life, and am proud father of three wonderful daughters. I enjoy aerobic physical activities, like biking on any surface, cross-country and downhill skiing, running, hiking and swimming, all for the fun of it and, at times, as part of a competitive event.
Training & Credentials
- Freiburg University and Heidelberg University, Germany
Internship and Residency
- Internal Medicine, Gundersen Clinic, La Crosse, WI
- Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board-certified, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology