Hospital and Clinic1025 Marsh St., Mankato, MN 56001
Your child is a wonderful and unique person, and I hope to make their time in the hospital as comfortable and safe as possible. I will work collaboratively with my team and your family to ensure that your child's health needs are cared for, and your family feels supported through the process as well. As a mother of two children with special needs, I understand both sides – not only as the pediatrician, but also as the parent of a child who may have different needs.
I have worked in various countries around the world and trained physicians to improve the health care disparities in their respective countries, not only overseas, but also here in the U.S. Every patient should be treated fairly and equally, no matter what their background or situation is.
I'm a children’s book author with an interest in explaining idioms to children with autism. I play first chair flute for Minnesota State Band (prior to COVID-19). I enjoy sewing and crafting and I recently invented a new mask design that is being studied through Mayo for potential commercial use.
In my free time, I volunteer at my children’s elementary school.
Training & Credentials
- University of Missouri, Columbia
- Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Institutional Review Board Investigator
- Medical Spanish Certification
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Instructor of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Rochester, Minnesota
- Global health and ethnic disparities in medical practice
- Pediatric hospital medicine