My decision in choosing a career in medicine was driven by my ability to help others and my desire to have a positive impact in people's life. Medicine is a career driven by service. As such, I learned the importance of putting others first. I firmly believe in educating my patients so they can make the best medical decision for themselves. During your visit, I will do my best so you can understand your medical condition and be able to come up with a comprehensive plan to address your concerns.
The journey to this very moment has taken place on three continents within three countries: Venezuela, Australia and the United States. I was born in Valencia, Venezuela, I worked in a rural hospital in an impoverished area near the capitol city. The absence of diagnostic radiology services was evident and proved to be a significant challenge to proper diagnosis and treatment. My years of training in the United States brought me to Mayo Clinic for my fellowship that allowed me to know about Eau Claire and its patient population.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, biking, music, theater, CrossFit and spending time with family.
Training & Credentials
- Universidad de Carabobo School of Medicine
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University
- Diagnostic Radiology, University of Noth Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Interventional Radiology, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Instructor in Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Computerized tomography (CT) and ultrasound-guided biopsies
- Interventional oncology
- Interventional radiology
- Male and female heath, such as varicocele and pelvic congestion syndrome
- Peripheral artery disease
- Prostate artery embolization
- Tumor ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Vascular interventional radiology
- Venous intervention