Patient quality of life is my focus, and each patient is unique. To ensure the most optimal results, I provide individualized care with their needs in mind. I approach my practice with compassion, and work collaboratively with patients and their providers to offer expert surgical care to enhance their health and well-being.
My clinical focus is in the treatment of patients with hepatopancreaticobiliary, esophageal, gastric, and gastrointestinal tumors and disease processes. I have expertise in multidisciplinary management with open, laparoscopic and robotic surgery in addition to other disciplines of surgical oncology, such as neuroendocrine tumors, retroperitoneal sarcomas and soft tissue tumors, adrenal masses, melanomas and skin cancers, and breast surgery.
Training & Credentials
- University of Cairo School of Medicine
- University of the State of New York
- PhD, Imperial College London, Major: Metabolomic Profiling of GI Cancers
- General Surgery, Staten Island University Hospital
- Clinical Research, Imperial College London
- Complex General Surgical Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Complex General Surgical Oncology, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- High Risk GI Surgery Center Certification initiative by the American College of Surgeons
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- General surgery
- Gastroenterology surgery
- Duodenal and Intestinal tumors
- Esophageal tumors and disease including gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Gastric and gastrointestinal tumors and diseases
- Liver and biliary tract tumors and abnormalities
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Pancreatic tumors and swellings
- Splenic tumors
- Surgical oncology
- Adrenal masses
- Breast cancer
- Sarcomas — retroperitoneal and soft tissue tumors
- Skin cancer — melanoma
Research & Publications
- Analysis of the Survival Impact of Postoperative Chemotherapy After Preoperative Chemotherapy and Resection for Gastric Cancer, August 2020.
- Implications of Conversion during Attempted Minimally Invasive Adrenalectomy for Adrenocortical Carcinoma, July 2020.
- Is hepatic resection better than transarterial chemoembolization in hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombosis?, December 2019.
- Utility of Radiation After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Surgically Resectable Esophageal Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol, March 2020.
- Metabolic reprogramming with β-alanine to overcome chemotherapy resistance in pancreatic cancer, July 2019.