I chose a career in medicine to make a significantly meaningful and positive impact on people's lives. I believe all individuals are unique, and their health care should be personalized.
I will spend time to get to know you and tailor your care to your individual needs. As a family medicine and obesity medicine physician, I firmly believe in educating you to make the best medical decision for yourself. During your visit, you will understand your medical condition, and we will be able to come up with a comprehensive plan to address your concerns in a timely fashion.
I grew up in beautiful Vancouver, Canada, and completed my undergraduate in kinesiology with a certificate in health and fitness studies from the prestigious Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. I attained extensive experience in the fields of health and fitness, and cardiac rehabilitation. During my residency, I was awarded the Resident Teacher Award and the Resident Scholarly Award.
I am the only Family Medicine physician in the Sparta area that is triple board-certified in family medicine, obesity medicine and lifestyle medicine through the American Board of Family Medicine, American Board of Obesity Medicine and International Board of Lifestyle Medicine.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with family, traveling and working out.
Training & Credentials
- Ross University School of Medicine
- Family Medicine, University of Maryland Capital Region Health
- Diplomate, American Board of Family Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Diplomate, International Board of Lifestyle Medicine
- Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Exercise Physiologist, Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology
- Instructor in Family Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- Lifestyle medicine
- Obesity medicine
- Preventive care
- Primary care