EAU CLAIRE, Wis. ― Kids are encouraged to design a mask with the “Mask Made by Me” campaign to make wearing a mask a little more fun and less challenging. It also will teach them about the importance of wearing a mask during the COVID-19 pandemic. The campaign will run from Oct. 1–16 and is open to children ages 4–12.
"Wearing a mask at school and other public places is one of the best tools we have to protect against the spread of COVID-19, but we know this is a big adjustment for children," says Sara Carstens, director of Community Engagement and Wellness at Mayo Clinic Health System. "We hope children will have fun decorating these masks, and this will help them feel more comfortable wearing one."
Participants can print a "Mask Made by Me" coloring sheet . On the coloring sheet, children can design a mask and make the person wearing the mask look just like them.
Those who wish to participate must agree to these rules:
- Artwork must be original and family-friendly.
- Participants may submit one entry per child ages 4–12.
- By submitting a child's art, participants are granting Mayo Clinic Health System permission to use the artwork on social media and with media affiliates.
- Paper submissions will not be accepted. Completed submissions will be accepted through Oct. 16.
- See official rules for more details.
- Download and print the coloring sheet.
- Submit your completed mask artwork.
- Like Mayo Clinic Health System on Facebook to see some of the submitted artwork.
Ten submissions also will be selected based on creativity, originality and adherence to the topic to win a family fun pack. Those selected will be contacted after the deadline submission.
# # #
Press ContactDan Lea