RED WING — Mayo Clinic Health System continues to receive generous offers of help and support from the community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Community members, businesses and restaurants continue to come forward with offers of donations. The following guidelines are intended to help provide direction for specified donations and locations where donations are accepted in Southeast Minnesota.
Mayo Clinic is now requesting and accepting cloth masks donations. Donors should follow CDC guidance on cloth face coverings for design and material (all cotton). In Southeast Minnesota, donors can drop off homemade sewn cloth masks Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the main entrance. Donation bins are located outside of the building; donors should not enter the facility. Donors are asked to share their information through an online form found on the mayoclinichealthsystem.org/covid19 web page. The following facilities are designated collection locations:
- Albert Lea – 404 W. Fountain St., Albert Lea, MN 56007
- Austin – 1000 First Drive NW, Austin, MN 55912
- Cannon Falls –32021 County Road 24 Blvd., Cannon Falls, MN 55009
- Lake City – 500 W. Grant St., Lake City, MN 55041
- Red Wing –701 Hewitt Blvd., Red Wing, MN 55066
- Owatonna – donations at Allina Hospital/Emergency Department entrance, 2250 NW 26th St, Owatonna, MN 55060
- Faribault – donations at District One Hospital, 200 State Ave, Faribault, MN 55021
Those wishing to donate new personal protective equipment supplies should complete a donation form on the COVID-19 page of the Mayo Clinic Health System website. If the list of accepted items changes, the information will be updated on mayoclinichealthsystem.org.
Protective gear and supplies
The following supplies, in unopened original containers are being accepted:
- N95 masks
- Nitrile gloves
- Face shields
- Surgical gowns and masks
- Items currently not accepted:
- Homemade cotton gowns
- Open boxes of supplies
- Miscellaneous non-medical grade supplies
Food donations must come individually packaged; foods packaged so that multiple people can access one container, such as pizza or a bucket of chicken, will not be accepted. For those who want to donate food items, provide at least an 8-hour notice. Inquiries regarding how to donate cloth face masks, food or other thank you items to staff can be emailed to SEMNCE@mayo.edu.
As always, the ongoing safety of patients and staff remains our primary focus. Mayo Clinic Health System sincerely thanks the community for its generosity and care shown toward the organization during this challenging time.
Press ContactKristy Jacobson