FAIRMONT, Minn. — In conjunction with American Heart Month, Mayo Clinic Health System in Fairmont is inviting the community to an open house to explore the newly expanded Cardiac Rehab facility.
The event, which will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 11, from 5 to 7 p.m., will include tours of the Cardiac Rehab area, as well as the newly renovated chapel and new prayer wall. A ribbon-cutting also will be part of the event. Refreshments will be served.
"Our patients have already been enjoying the new space and equipment, and we're excited to invite the community to see the vast improvements we have made to the Cardiac Rehab facility and services," says Amy Long, site administrator, Mayo Clinic Health System in Fairmont. "We are very grateful for the generous $250,000 grant from the Fairmont Community Hospital Foundation that made this project possible."
The new Cardiac Rehab facility is helping meet the increased demand for cardiac patients to manage their heart health and recovery close to home.
The new facility is over five times its original size and includes:
- 1,771 square feet, allowing for better patient comfort and increased patient privacy
- Eight pieces of exercise equipment, including a new treadmill, recumbent bicycle and arm ergometer
- Improved space to complete strength training exercises
- A designated staff office area with increased privacy for patient care consultations
- Two changing rooms, a bathroom, lockers, a patient treatment room and a waiting area
- Increased patient care capacity, allowing for future growth for cardiac and pulmonary rehab programs
- A new walking path in the gym where respiratory patients can perform walking tests and oxygen tests
The Cardiac Rehab facility is accessible through entrance No. 4 (Rehabilitation Services) on the south side of campus.
Mayo Clinic Health System consists of clinics, hospitals and other health care facilities that serve the health care needs of people in communities in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. The community-based providers, paired with the resources and expertise of Mayo Clinic, enable patients in the region to receive the highest-quality health care close to home.
Press ContactAmanda Dyslin