Patients & Visitors
- About Your Hospital Stay
- Advance Care Planning
- Chaplain Services
- Comments and Concerns
- Gift Shop
- Medical Records
- New Patients
- Partners in Care
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient Safety
- Prescription Refills
- Visiting Hours and Guidelines
About Your Hospital Stay
We are a general medical-surgical unit with an operating suite with multiple specialties available including general surgery, orthopedics, otorhinolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) and urology. We also offer nutrition education, diabetes education, social services and chaplain services.
During your stay, you will have a team of health care professionals who are committed to providing you with the highest quality care. Your team may include providers, nurses, discharge planners, as well as lab, radiology technologists, technicians, therapists, patient transporters, social workers and dietitians.
Many of these health care professionals wear color-coded uniforms to help you easily identify their role. Those you will see most often include:
- Registered nurses (R.N.s) are responsible for providing your care, administering medications and assessments. R.N.s wear royal blue attire.
- Patient care assistants (P.C.A.s) assist R.N.s in providing your care. P.C.A.s wear burgundy attire.
For additional information about your stay, visit the following pages:
- Amenities – Room service, dining facilities, chaplain services, gift shop, language/interpreter services, newspapers and more.
- Care Team Visits – See when your doctors, nurses and other staff will be taking care of you.
- Meals – Information about room service dining.
- Partners in Care – You play an important role in your care. Stay informed, ask questions and speak up if you have concerns.
- Patient Privacy – Mayo Clinic has always been a leader in protecting patients' medical information.
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities – You have specific rights and responsibilities that will help make your care as safe and effective as possible.
- Patient Safety – Keeping you safe while in our care is important to us. Watch a video about patient safety.
- Pharmacy Services – All medications given during your stay are reviewed by a pharmacist.
- Social Services – Social workers can help you in multiple ways, including acting as a referral service to community agencies and helping you make necessary arrangements for leaving the hospital.
- Visiting Hours and Guidelines – If you have family and friends coming to visit you during your hospital stay, review our visitors guide for information on local hotel accommodations, visiting hours and more.