People with digestive issues may know something is going on in there. Sometimes, it is hard to ignore. Gastroenterology (GI) specialists at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse are uniquely able to identify GI conditions using tests that are less invasive and more precise, such as endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), which produces an incredibly detailed image of the digestive tract.
Working together on research and clinical trials
We team up with our Mayo Clinic counterparts in Rochester and elsewhere to apply the newest, most effective treatments and to develop the next generation of solutions.
- We participate in the significant Mayo Clinic research focusing on difficult-to-treat digestive conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and fatty liver disease.
- Providers in La Crosse are among the first to adopt new Mayo Clinic-developed diagnostic tools, such as Cologuard screening for colon cancer.
- One of our gastroenterologists specializes in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Prominent Rochester-based gastroenterologist John Poterucha, M.D. regularly joins the La Crosse GI team.
- Mayo Clinic is No. 1-ranked — the best in the country for Adult Gastroenterology, and is also No. 1 for GI Surgery Hospitals.
To talk with someone now, please call 608-392-3911.
See the Gastroenterology & Hepatology web page for more.
|Genci Babameto, M.D.|
|Daisy Batista, M.D.|
|Michael Van Norstrand, M.D.|
M.B., B.Ch., Ph.D.
|Jena Casper, A.N.P.|
|Carol Sobkowiak, F.N.P.-C.|