Don’t give up. Get the right digestive care.
Thanks to decades of combined experience, remarkable expertise and the most advanced treatment protocols available, the Gastroenterology Department at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse excels in understanding, diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive tract.
Providers in the Mayo Clinic Health System Gastroenterology Department assist patients with diseases or disorders of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon.
Advanced gastrointestinal care individualized to your exact needs
Whether you suffer from ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease or any unpredictable gastrointestinal condition, Mayo Clinic Health System gastroenterology specialists will evaluate your symptoms, then design a precision care plan for you—and only you. And since your care plan includes thorough follow-up care, you’ll never have to wonder whether your treatment is on track to provide the best possible outcomes.
Your individualized digestive care plan will bring you back to better digestion and life with more confidence, comfort and predictability.
World-class gastroenterology care
- Experts dedicated to treating the patient first. At Mayo Clinic Health System, you’ll never be defined by your disease or condition. And you’ll never wonder whether your providers truly care. At every stage of treatment, your care team remains focused on your needs, preferences, concerns and continued comfort.
- Care centered on communication. Your Mayo Clinic Health System providers take time to meet with you, listen to you, understand your specific needs and discuss treatment options. You’ll have a clear understanding of what needs to be done, how it will be done and what you can expect. Plus, your care team stays available so you can follow up, ask questions and get answers whenever you need to.
- Frequent follow-up analysis and close monitoring of blood chemistry. This important, continued care keeps your individualized digestive care plan on target and helps you and your doctors better manage your condition so you can consistently enjoy the best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration with Mayo Clinic physicians. Your Mayo Clinic Health System providers frequently work in tandem with Mayo Clinic gastroenterology providers in Rochester plus physicians from other specialties to bring you the most comprehensive care.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technology gives your providers the absolute clearest, most comprehensive understanding of your exact care requirements and the most efficient, most comfortable treatment methods to help you feel your best.
- Industry-leading colon care and colon cancer screening and prevention (colonoscopy). Mayo Clinic Health System gastroenterology specialists are colonoscopy and colon health experts. The simple, routine colonoscopy is one of the best ways to prevent and detect colon cancer, and since our providers make availability a priority, you can schedule your colonoscopy appointment soon, have the procedure, then rest easy.
Meet our gastroenterology providers:
- Genci Babameto, M.D.
- Daisy Batista, M.D.
- Jena Casper, A.N.P.
- Heather Chial, M.D.
- Julie Gorski, F.N.P
- David Prichard, M.B., B.Ch., Ph.D.
- Carol Sobkowiak, M.S.N., F.N.P.-C.
- Michael Van Norstrand, M.D.
Mayo Clinic visiting gastroenterology specialists
The Mayo Clinic Health System Gastroenterology Department offers gastroenterology patients the opportunity to consult with Mayo Clinic hepatologists John Poterucha, M.D. and Kymberly Watt, M.D., who practice in La Crosse on a monthly basis.
To talk with someone now, call 608-448-6020.
Visit the webpage.