Once skin cancer is suspected, why wait months for a diagnosis?
- We prioritize early detection of skin cancers and pre-cancerous tissue
- Patients are seen within days, not months
The right treatment plan, sooner
- For difficult cancers, our dermatology specialists hold regular meetings with pathology and may consult with ENT, neurology, medical or radiation oncology, plastic and general surgery
- All treatments, such as chemotherapy, biological therapy, photodynamic therapy and radiation therapy are available, for effective treatment and exceptional outcomes
- We treat all cutaneous cancers: melanoma, squamous cell and basal carcinomas, including rare forms of cancer and cancer in people with other conditions such as lupus or immune disorders
Waiting for surgery is stressful; why make the surgery stressful, too?
- With Mohs microscopically controlled surgery, skin cancer is cleared in one same-day procedure because lab results are available immediately during surgery
- Elsewhere, it can take up to a week before surgery is completed and healing can begin, since each sample is sent out for lab testing
Our skin cancer care team is organized to provide timely, convenient access to a high level of care with expedited diagnosis, advanced surgery and thorough follow-up.
Appointments are available now. To talk with someone now, call 608-392-9491 (La Crosse) or 608-392-5012 (Onalaska).
See the Dermatology web page.
|Hans Von Weiss,