Accurate diagnosis means relief comes sooner
Once you notice a change on your skin, an answer can’t come soon enough. Dermatology specialists at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse get you in quickly, listen to your concerns and skillfully diagnose your skin condition so you can get the answers you need.
Successful outcomes, healthier (and happier) patients
Many patients come to us with conditions that haven’t been resolved elsewhere. The dermatology team at Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse is organized to provide the highest, most comprehensive level of care. Consider these two remarkable cases:
- An elderly man who spent years trying to identify a puzzling skin condition was diagnosed within minutes of entering the Mayo Clinic exam room. While this scenario isn’t rare, the patient’s condition was. Giving patients answers to previously undiagnosed, often frustrating conditions can bring much-needed treatment, relief and peace of mind for a better overall quality of life.
- A patient who had an appointment for something else had a dark spot on his lip he’d never even noticed. One of our dermatologists recognized the spot as a sign of a serious adrenal gland issue and recommended surgery. It saved his life.
A team approach to individualized care
Dermatologists at Mayo Clinic Health System collaborate with other Mayo Clinic Health System providers and Mayo Clinic specialty practices to ensure you always receive the exact care you need for your unique situation.
Since underlying diseases often present with skin conditions, our dermatologists team up with pathology, ENT, neurology, medical and radiation oncology and other disciplines to coordinate care for complex cases. The specialists our dermatologists collaborate with regularly see extremely rare conditions. Plus, our dermatology providers have immediate access to the latest Mayo Clinic research and treatment protocols.
Perhaps most importantly, all the providers at Mayo Clinic Health System make a point of being available, so you can get appointments sooner and find answers and relief faster.
Expert care for skin cancer and many other concerns
- The dermatology department prioritizes early detection of skin cancers and precancerous tissue
- Patients are seen within weeks, not months
- Many skin cancers can be cleared in one procedure
Our dermatology specialists also provide expert care for everything from acne, psoriasis and eczema to tattoo removal, cosmetic procedures and conditions from diseases such as cancer, lupus, immune disorders and hypersensitivity disorders. Mayo Clinic Health System dermatologists also use the latest technologies including laser, excimer and blue light phototherapy.
Meet our extraordinary dermatology providers
In La Crosse:
- Rebecca Danhof, M.D.
- Mary Duh, P.A.-C.
- Jennifer Kaus, A.P.N.P.
- Hans Von Weiss, D.O.
- Michael White, M.D.
Appointments are available now. To talk with someone now, call 608-448-6401 (La Crosse) or 608-448-6590 (Onalaska).
See the Dermatology web page.