23nd Annual La Crosse Child Maltreatment Conference
April 30 & May 1, 2020 – Radisson Hotel, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Sponsored by: Mayo Clinic Health System
This nationally recognized conference addresses current issues and offers strategies the multidisciplinary team can use to intervene when child maltreatment is reported, collaborate with community and family to protect children, and ensure justice for child victims of abuse/neglect.
Our conference will be of special interest to front-line child abuse professionals including:
- child advocacy center staff
- child protection workers
- law enforcement
- forensic interviewers
- medical and mental health professionals
- school personnel
- emergency response personnel
- victim/witness advocates
Continuing education credits will be available for the following disciplines: medical, nursing, social work, legal and MN law enforcement.
2020 Conference Topics and Speakers
- "The Impact of Parental Substance Abuse on Childhood: Birth Through Adolescence" – Ann Budzak, M.D., pediatrician, Gundersen Health System
- "Wisconsin Forensic Interview Guidelines" – Lynn Cook, M.S.W., APSW, social worker, Children's Wisconsin
- "Understanding and Addressing Child Sexual Abuse Disclosures: Implications in Family Law Cases" – Lynn Cook, M.S.W., APSW, social worker, Children's Wisconsin
- "Sometimes It Only Takes One Question … " – Crystal Lewis, investigator, Holmen Police Department
More presenters are being confirmed.
More information about 2020 conference
- Stop back to see the full presenter list, view the conference brochure and register.
- Registration deadline is April 23, 2020.
- A limited number of conference scholarships are available. Complete this application and return it no later than April 17, 2020.
- Nominate an advocate for the Ken Kolb Award. Complete this nomination form and return it no later than Jan. 31, 2020.