Giving back to our communities is an integral part of our mission, social responsibility and a core value of our organization. We recognize that vibrant, healthy and safe communities best serve patients, and attract and retain the highest-quality staff who fulfill and extend our mission.
Mayo Clinic Health System provides cash and in-kind donations to support community-based activities that address the health care needs of our patients or improve the general health of those who live in the communities we serve. We proudly support organizations that have a broad impact on improving health in our local communities.
Each year, many nonprofit community organizations request sponsorship support for goodwill advertising or events, such as dinners, runs/walks and health fairs. A budgeted amount of dollars for charitable donations and sponsorship is allowed each fiscal year. While we recognize the contributions of many of these organizations to our communities, as a nonprofit organization, we are not able to support every request.
Review established guidelines prior to submitting a sponsorship request
Sponsorships should benefit the communities Mayo Clinic Health System serves and align with 2021 funding priorities:
- Improve mental health with an emphasis on strengthening community mental health services and suicide prevention, and supporting the resiliency across the lifespan.
- Prevent obesity and reduce chronic disease with a focus on reducing food insecurity and increasing public access to physical activity.
- Prevent alcohol misuse and substance abuse with an emphasis on engaging youth.
- Champion equity, diversity and inclusion with an emphasis on advancing conversations in the community and engaging rural populations.
- Strengthen health care workforce development with a focus on supporting youth in education and postsecondary career development opportunities.
We are unable to support requests for:
- Promotion of personal or organizational financial gain
- Endowment funds
- Requests from religious organizations for the sole benefit of their group or congregation
- Requests for individual or group participation in athletic competitions and camps
- Requests for political and for-profit organizations
- Programs and projects that limit participation for reason of race, age, religion, national origin, marital status, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability (physical and intellectual), genetic, veteran status and status with regard to public assistance
How to request sponsorship support:
- All sponsorship requests must be submitted through the online application.
- Requests should be submitted at least 60 days in advance of an event.
- Funding requests should impact the health issues identified on the application form.
- A W9 form needs to be submitted with application.
- Aim to bundle all of your annual sponsorship requests into one solicit, and to submit as early in the year as possible.
Direct questions about sponsorship requests to Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.