Patients & Visitors
- Accessibility to Services
- Advance Care Planning
- Chaperone Policy
- Comments and Concerns
- Community Resources
- DAISY Award Nomination
- Did We Fail to Meet Your Expectations?
- Medicare Patients
- Medical Forms
- New Patients
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Same-day Care Options
Choose a Primary Care Provider
Finding the right primary care provider is the first step as a new patient. Having a primary care provider in Elmwood allows you to establish a trusting relationship with one person who gets to know you and your medical history, and provides continuity of care for you and your family.
A primary care provider:
- Is available to evaluate and treat day-to-day health problems
- Advises you on preventive screenings at different stages throughout your life
- Follows up with you to explain test results and judge how well your treatment is working
- Refers you to qualified specialists when needed
- Maintains the big picture of your overall health and treatment needs
Your primary care provider can be a:
- Nurse practitioner
- Physician assistant
Primary care includes three specialties in the these Wisconsin locations:
- Family Medicine — Barron, Bloomer, Chetek, Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Elmwood, Glenwood City, Menomonie, Mondovi, Osseo and Rice Lake.
- Internal Medicine — Barron, Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Menomonie and Rice Lake
- Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine — Barron, Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Menomonie and Rice Lake
You may wish to consider these criteria as part of your selection process:
- Age (yourself or your preferred provider)
- Gender (yourself or your preferred provider)
- Clinic or office location
- Specialty (family medicine, internal medicine, a physician who specializes in care for women, etc.)
- Existing medical conditions (matching the interests or expertise of the provider)
To learn about our providers, browse our directory of medical staff, making sure to select your preferred location.
For personalized assistance in selecting a provider, please call our Primary Care Provider Referral Line at 1-866-711-2702 (toll-free).