In the Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, area, we actively recruit current students, recent graduates and those who may be interested in retraining or starting a new career. Whether you're looking for a full-time position or an internship while you're still in school, we encourage you to explore what we have to offer by reviewing our employment opportunities.
Students who have been approved to complete their clinical experience requirements at a Mayo Clinic Health System location are required to complete an orientation packet.
Most internships that are available are posted with our employment opportunities.
Mayo Clinic Health System supports providing students with learning opportunities in an effort to support their educational efforts and career exploration. We may be able to offer internship opportunities to interested students. You may contact your school career service office about internship opportunities, or contact our student coordinator at 507-266-0440 for more information.
Administrative Fellowship Program
The Administrative Fellowship Program at Mayo Clinic offers a broad range of learning experiences designed to foster the development of outstanding master's prepared individuals who are committed to a career in health care administration.
Medical Experience (MedEx) Program
The Medical Experience Program at Mayo Clinic Health System provides medical experiences to high school and college students who are considering careers as physicians. During the program, students job shadow physicians in a variety of specialties in a clinic setting.
High School Students
To be considered for the program, students must:
- Volunteer a minimum of 30 hours at Mayo Clinic Health System
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be at least a junior in high school
For more information, contact a school advisor, call Medical Education at 715-464-2224 or email email@example.com.
The Medical Experience Program at Mayo Clinic Health System provides pre-med college students the opportunity to spend one-on-one time job shadowing physicians in a variety of specialties. Students who are accepted to the program will spend up to eight, four-hour shifts (32 hours) job shadowing physicians in a clinic setting during the fall/ spring/summer semesters.
To be considered for the Medical Experience Program, students must:
- Volunteer a minimum of 30 hours at Mayo Clinic Health System. To begin the process of becoming a volunteer:
- Complete a volunteer application during the designated time frame.
- Participate in an interview.
- Attend volunteer orientation.
- To begin the application process for the Medical Experience Program:
- Complete at least 20 of the 30 hours of required volunteer hours. Remaining hours may be completed after the application deadline but before beginning the program.
- Complete an application available from Volunteer Services or Medical Education after your required hours are completed.
- Write an essay.
- Submit two letters of reference.
- Be seriously considering a career as a physician.
Once accepted to the program, students will be required to attend a two-hour orientation meeting. Job shadowing with physicians will take place during the semester they applied for.
For more information about the Medical Experience Program, call 715-464-2224 or email Medical Education.