Need to make an appointment?
- Preparing to become pregnant
- Choose a prenatal care provider
- Prenatal visits
- Learn about the birth center
- Childbirth education
- Healthy choices during pregnancy
- Resources for dads and partners
OB Shared Care program
The OB Shared Care Program is an integrated health care model. Your regular Family Medicine provider and the OB-GYN team will partner to deliver the best care during your pregnancy and delivery.
Here’s how the program works:
- You will see your regular Family Medicine provider for most prenatal visits. You will continue seeing your regular Family Medicine provider for postpartum care for yourself and newborn care.
- You will see a provider from the OB-GYN team for weeks 36–40. You will complete pre-registration paperwork and discuss delivery options and plan.
Who takes care of my baby in the hospital?
A Family Medicine provider or pediatrician from Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse will care for your baby while in the hospital. Care will transition to your regular Family Medicine provider upon discharge. If you choose to circumcise your baby boy, discuss this with your regular Family Medicine provider prior to delivery to make arrangements.
Talk to your provider to learn more and to see if OB Shared Care is available at your primary care clinic location.
Not all treatments, tests and services are available at all Mayo Clinic Health System locations. Check with your preferred location in advance.