In an Emergency
Behavioral Health Services in La Crosse is able to assess and triage complex behavioral health needs in an outpatient setting.
If you are in crisis, call 9-1-1 or go to the Emergency and Urgent Care Center at 700 West Ave. South in La Crosse.
Behavioral Health Services at Mayo Clinic Health System is part of the broader Psychiatry and Psychology services of Mayo Clinic. We are a regional leader in mental health treatment, research and education, and have a long history in area communities as a provider of these important services. All of our providers are licensed in their area of expertise and often specialize to meet distinct patient needs.
Our Behavioral Health Services staff draw upon the strength of multidisciplinary teams combined with leading research to ensure you get the best care possible:
- Psychologists and clinical therapists provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based treatment through individual, family and group therapy.
- Comprehensive mental health assessments and treatments are coordinated by psychiatrists, psychologists and clinical therapists working with an experienced nursing team to build a personalized treatment plan to meet your needs.
- Our psychiatry team offers comprehensive medication management and ongoing psychiatric care for a wide variety of mental illnesses in our outpatient practice.
Counselors and clinical therapists provide services related to:
- Addiction counseling
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual, marriage and family counseling
- Mental health counseling
- Neuropsychological testing
Facility-to-facility video visits
Appointments are offered via facility-to-facility video visits, which reduce the need to travel far and enable patients to receive care close to home.
For a facility-to-facility video visit, patients arrive to the clinic and a nurse connects them with the specialist via video. The innovative technology uses a Bluetooth stethoscope, a USB otoscope and high definition cameras that can move and zoom in for a high-quality physical exam and personal conversation with the specialist.
Video appointments are currently offered at select locations in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Learn more about facility-to-facility video appointments.
Call the number above for more information or to schedule an appointment.