COVID-19: Partnering to stay safe, healthy, informed
Patient and Visitor Guidelines
To protect the safety of patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayo Clinic Health System has the following visitor guidelines in place:
- Hospital patients may have visitors age 16 and older, with two visitors allowed at one time. Hospital visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Clinic patients are allowed two designated visitors.
- Visitors for patients who are positive for COVID-19 or potentially positive for COVID-19 may be permitted only in rare circumstances, as approved by the medical care team and hospital leaders.
- The Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Family Cancer and Blood Disorders Center will allow one visitor in the chemotherapy treatment room and two visitors in other areas of the center.
- Patients coming to the Emergency Department will be allowed two visitors unless the patient or visitor presents with any symptoms possibly related to COVID-19.
- Two support persons can remain throughout the hospital stay for obstetrical patients.
- Compassionate exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, including end-of-life and cancer care.
- All visitors must wear a cloth face covering or face mask per Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance. If visitors do not have a face mask, one will be provided by Mayo Clinic. In addition, all visitors will be screened for symptoms of acute respiratory illness or communicable infection prior to being allowed entrance.
We understand that these restrictions will be difficult for patients and their loved ones. We encourage family members to consider other ways to connect with their loved ones via phone, text, social media or video chats.