COVID-19: Partnering to stay safe, healthy, informed
Visitor Restrictions | Temporary Closures & Adjusted Hours
Patient and Visitor Guidelines
To protect the safety of patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayo Clinic Health System has the following visitor guidelines in place:
- One designated visitor will be allowed per patient in the clinic and hospital. Hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visitors under the age of 16 are not allowed in the hospital at this time.
- For the safety of patients diagnosed and treated inside our COVID-19 floors within the hospital, we will continue to follow a no visitor policy.
- The Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Family Cancer and Blood Disorders Center will allow one visitor except for the chemotherapy treatment room.
- Patients coming to the Emergency Department will be allowed a designated visitor unless the patient or visitor presents with any symptoms possibly related to COVID-19.
- Compassionate exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, including end-of-life and cancer care.
- All visitors must wear a cloth face covering or face mask per Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance. If visitors do not have a face mask, one will be provided by Mayo Clinic. In addition, all visitors will be screened for symptoms of acute respiratory illness or communicable infection prior to being allowed entrance.
We understand that these restrictions will be difficult for patients and their loved ones. We encourage family members to consider other ways to connect with their loved ones via phone, text, social media or video chats.
Temporary Closures & Adjusted Hours
Most clinics have returned to regular service and appointment hours. Specialty care outreach (cardiology, orthopedics, etc.) at sites other than La Crosse and Onalaska is operating on a reduced schedule. Contact the department that provides your specialty care if you have questions regarding appointments.
- Pharmacy: regular hours, dispensing via drive-up only
La Crosse, Wis.
- Pharmacy: Curbside dispensing available (call number on signage upon arrival)
- Mayo Clinic Store:: Open for walk-ins; curbside pickup available; call 608-392-2995
- Same Day Clinic: 7 a.m.–8 p.m., weekdays; 9 a.m.–5 p.m., weekends (replaces Urgent Care)
- Pharmacy: dispensing via drive-up only
- Mayo Clinic Store (1212 Well St.):
- Curbside pickup available; call 608-392-9798
- Store is open for in-store customer pickup, but all customers must pass screening and wear a cloth mask to enter