COVID-19: Partnering to stay safe, healthy, informed
Visitor Restrictions | Temporary Closures & Adjusted Hours
To protect the safety of patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayo Clinic Health System has the following visitor guidelines in place:
All visitors must wear a cloth face covering or face mask per Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance. If visitors do not have a face mask, one will be provided by Mayo Clinic. In addition, all visitors will be screened for symptoms of acute respiratory illness or communicable infection prior to being allowed entrance.
Please note the following:
- Visiting hours for the hospital will be permitted between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily. Outpatient visitor hours are for the duration of the appointment(s).
- Outpatient clinic visits — Patients will be permitted to have one masked visitor for outpatient visits. Up to two masked visitors are allowed to accompany a patient in the following circumstances:
- Patients requiring assistance of a caregiver. If the caregiver is also responsible for minor children or elders who cannot be left alone, they may accompany the caregiver.
- A single parent with children.
- Pediatric patients.
- Patients with special needs.
- Hospital visits — Patients will be permitted to have one masked visitor in the hospital. Only one visitor can be identified for the entire hospital stay. This includes inpatient, procedural and Emergency Department settings. Compassionate exceptions for additional visitors will be granted on a case-by-case basis, including births, pediatric patient care and end-of-life care, among other specific circumstances. All visitors granted exceptions will be screened prior to entry.
- No visitors under the age of 16 will be allowed.
These visitor restrictions will remain in place until further notice. We encourage family members to consider other ways to connect with their loved ones via phones or other devices.
We understand that these restrictions will be difficult for patients and their loved ones. We are taking these necessary steps to protect our patients and our staff.
Temporary closures & adjusted hours
- Armstrong clinic, Iowa — closed
- Lake Crystal clinic — closed
- Sherburn — closed
- Trimont — closed
- Truman — closed
- Mayo Clinic Stores – curbside pickup