COVID-19: Partnering to stay safe, healthy, informed
Featured TopicHow well do you know COVID-19 terminology?November 30, 2020
Our ThoughtsMasks play critical role in preventing COVID-19 spread, infectionNovember 25, 2020
Patient StoriesRecovering from COVID-19 at home using virtual technologyNovember 24, 2020
Visitor Restrictions | Temporary Closures & Adjusted Hours
To protect the safety of patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayo Clinic Health System has the following visitor guidelines in place:
All visitors must wear a cloth face covering or face mask per Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance. If visitors do not have a face mask, one will be provided by Mayo Clinic. In addition, all visitors will be screened for symptoms of acute respiratory illness or communicable infection prior to being allowed entrance.
Please note the following:
- Outpatient visitor hours are for the duration of the appointment(s).
- Outpatient clinic visits — Patients will be permitted to have one masked visitor for outpatient visits. Up to two masked visitors are allowed to accompany a patient in the following circumstances:
- Patients requiring assistance of a caregiver. If the caregiver is also responsible for minor children or elders who cannot be left alone, they may accompany the caregiver.
- A single parent with children.
- Pediatric patients.
- Patients with special needs.
- Hospital and Emergency Department visits — No visitors are permitted in the hospital or Emergency Department. Compassionate exceptions for visitors may be granted on a case-by-case basis. All visitors granted exceptions will be screened prior to entry.
- No visitors under the age of 16 will be allowed.
These visitor restrictions will remain in place until further notice. We encourage family members to consider other ways to connect with their loved ones via phones or other devices.
We understand that these restrictions will be difficult for patients and their loved ones. We are taking these necessary steps to protect our patients and our staff.
Temporary closures & adjusted hours
- Armstrong clinic, Iowa — closed
- Lake Crystal clinic — closed
- Sherburn — closed
- Trimont — closed
- Truman — closed
- Mayo Clinic Stores – curbside pickup