Speaking of HealthAs we reopen, let’s keep each other safe and healthyJune 25, 2020
Our ThoughtsHard work and dedication leads to pay restoration for staffJune 24, 2020
Donations for COVID-19 Preparedness and Response
Guidelines for Community Donations
Mayo Clinic Health System continues to be humbled by generous offers from the community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Community members, businesses and restaurants continue to come forward with offers of donations.
Direct Inquiries regarding how to donate personal protective equipment supplies, cloth face masks, and food or other thank-you items to staff to email@example.com.
These supplies, in unopened original containers and sufficient quantity to make handling practical, are being accepted:
- N95 masks
- Nitrile gloves
- Face shields
- Surgical gowns and masks
Supplies currently not accepted are:
- Homemade cotton gowns
- Open boxes of supplies
- Miscellaneous supplies that are not medical-grade
If the list of accepted items changes, this information will be updated on our website.
Cloth masks are now recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Mayo Clinic for staff who are not in a patient care area but are within a building where care is provided, as well as those in buildings where there is no patient care. Because of this change, the organization is now requesting and accepting cloth masks donations. Donors should follow CDC guidance on cloth face coverings for design and material (all cotton).
Donors can drop off cloth masks weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at these Northwest Wisconsin locations:
- Barron — The drop bin is outside door 7, on the west side of the building, at the corner of Woodland Avenue and Memorial Drive. The bin is near Dialysis and adjacent to the staff parking lot.
- Bloomer — The drop bin is outside door 13 in the back of the hospital off Vine Street.
- Eau Claire — The drop bin is outside of the Central Energy Plant. From Fifth Street (Bellinger Street), turn toward the hospital onto Chestnut Street. The collection bin will be at curbside. Continue out to Fulton Street.
- Menomonie — The drop bin is outside door 17 at the loading dock entrance. The bin is near the Education Center entrance off of Stout Road.
- Osseo — The drop bin is outside of the staff entrance by the loading dock on the east side of the ambulance bay. The bin is across from the Emergency Department parking lot. Enter from Rose Lane.
Leave donations in marked bins. Donors should not enter the buildings.
Food donations must come individually packaged. Foods packaged so multiple people can access one container, such as pizza or a bucket of chicken, cannot be accepted. Mayo Clinic Health System requests those wanting to donate food provide at least an eight-hour notice. All food donation offers should be routed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, everyone's safety remains Mayo Clinic Health System's primary focus. Mayo Clinic Health System sincerely thanks the community for its generosity and care shown toward the organization during this challenging time.