Next Class: 11/07/2020
Prenatal & Parenting: Prepared Childbirth
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse
Hospital Building - Second Floor
9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This free day-long class is designed for women in their sixth month of pregnancy. It includes a Family Birthplace tour and information about the following:
- Stages of labor – what happens at each stage, emotions accompanying each stage, self-help techniques and comfort measures
- Labor partner assistance – how to provide support during labor and birth and preparing for the experience
- Breathing, relaxation techniques
- A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) will provide information on labor epidurals
- Medical interventions: induction, pain management and cesarean birth
- Immediate post-partum care
Support is very important during childbirth. Bring someone with you to the class who will be with you during labor. Prepared childbirth classes should be started in the sixth month of pregnancy. There will be a 45-minute lunch break. Participants may bring a lunch from home or grab lunch from the cafeteria.
Interpreter services are provided free of charge for non-English speaking patients for any course. Call 608-392-9090 to arrange for an interpreter.
All registered participants will receive a confirmation letter. Patient Online Services users will receive their confirmation letter via Patient Online Services message.
Class cancellation: If you must cancel your registration, please call 608-392-9090 at least three business days prior to your class so those on the waitlist can have your spot. Classes that do not meet the minimum size requirements may be cancelled. Classes that reach maximum capacity will be closed. If there are severe weather warnings in the La Crosse and surrounding counties, classes will be cancelled. Call 608-392-9723 to confirm class cancellation due to severe weather.