Prenatal & Parenting: Prepared Childbirth
La Crosse, WI
Mayo Clinic Health System
700 West Ave. S.
Marycrest Conference Room
11/20/20219 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
This full-day class (monthly dates available) is designed for women in their sixth month of pregnancy. It includes a Family Birthplace tour and information about:
- Stages of labor — what happens at each stage, emotions accompanying each stage, self-help techniques and comfort measures
- Labor partner assistance — how to provide support during labor and birth, and preparing for the experience
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Information on labor epidurals by a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA)
- Medical interventions — induction, pain management and cesarean birth
- Immediate post-partum care
Support is important during childbirth. Bring someone with you to the class who will be with you during labor.
There will be a 45-minute lunch break. Participants may bring a lunch from home or grab lunch from the cafeteria.
View additional class availability on the calendar.
This class is open to current Mayo Clinic Health System OB-GYN patients. It is ideal to attend a class from the location you plan to deliver so you will be prepared with local birth center processes. If you are not a Mayo Clinic Health System OB patient, view Mayo Clinic prenatal class offerings.
Interpreter services are provided free of charge for non-English speaking patients for any course. Call 608-392-9090 to arrange for an interpreter.
All registered participants will receive a confirmation letter. Patient Online Services users will receive a confirmation letter via the portal.
If you must cancel your registration, call 608-392-9090 at least three business days prior to your class so those on the waitlist can have your spot. Classes that do not meet the minimum size requirements may be canceled. Classes that reach maximum capacity will be closed. If there are severe weather warnings in the La Crosse and surrounding counties, classes will be canceled. Call 608-392-9723 to confirm class cancellation due to severe weather.