Next Class: 10/01/2020
Special Event: Mask Made by Me — a community coloring activity
10/01/2020Daily from Oct. 1 through Oct. 16
This fall children are faced with daily challenges when wearing masks to help protect against COVID-19—always having a mask with them, making sure they are cleaned daily, wearing them correctly… Adjusting to this new normal can feel overwhelming for children and adults. Join Mayo Clinic Health System to help make masks a little more fun—by encouraging children to design one. On the coloring sheet, children can design a mask and make the person wearing the mask look just like them. Once completed, adults can upload the artwork, which will be shared on Mayo Clinic Health System's Facebook page and on News 8 Now. Ten submissions will be selected based on creativity, originality and adherence to the topic to win a family fun pack. Two winners will be selected from each of these age categories: 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12.
- Artwork must be original and family-friendly.
- You may submit one entry per child ages 4–12.
- By submitting your child's art, you are granting Mayo Clinic Health System permission to use the artwork on social media and with media affiliates.
- See Official Rules below for more details.
- Download and print the coloring sheet
- Submit your completed mask artwork. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Completed submissions will be accepted through Oct. 16.
- Like us on Facebook to watch for submitted artwork.
- Email Community Engagement with questions.
Learn more about children and COVID-19:
- Mayo Clinic Q and A: Masking children during COVID-19 pandemic
- Masking your kids during COVID-19
- Safety tips for returning to school during COVID-19
- Mayo Clinic Q and A: Preparing children for back to school
- 7 tips for helping your child wear a mask
By submitting any artwork to Mayo Clinic Health System—Franciscan Medical Center, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Mayo”), participants accept and agree to be bound by the official rules for participation in Mayo’s 2020 “Mask Made by Me” Coloring Activity contest. Participants may only submit 1 piece of artwork. Any violation of these official rules may, at Mayo’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of Mayo regarding this contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility and Rules:
- Any 4 - 12 age child as of the date of entry, in the following United States regions, may participate and submit an entry to the Mask Made by Me contest:
- Wisconsin counties: Barron, Buffalo, Chippewa, Clark, Crawford, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, Juneau, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, St. Croix, Taylor, Trempealeau, Vernon
- Minnesota counties: Houston, Winona
- Iowa counties: Allamakee, Winneshiek
- All artwork must include complete entries containing the name of the participant, age, names of parent or guardian and their mailing address, complete with zip code. Employees and non-employees of Mayo involved in the development or execution of this Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials as well as the immediate family and household members, are not eligible to enter or win.
- Only new pieces of artwork motivated by the Mask Made by Me Coloring Contest may be submitted. Each entry must be the original work of one child only. An adult may not alter the child’s work.
- Use of copyrighted material and images or trademarks (e.g., company names, brands, logos, etc.) is prohibited.
- The artwork must not (1) promote illegal behavior; (2) support racial, religious, sexual or other discriminatory prejudice; (3) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; (4) violate rights established by law or agreements; (5) invade the privacy of any person; or (6) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by Mayo in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Artwork entries must be submitted online at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/95cef1f094b246a0af479b807e3ee2da.
- All artwork submissions must comply with these official rules. Two winners will be selected from each of these age categories: 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12; by Mayo according to creativity, originality and adherence to topic. In the event of a tie, the judge’s determination of the entrant with the most creativity, will win.
- The entry period begins Oct. 1, 2020 at 8:00 A.M. Central Time and ends Oct. 16, 2020.
- Submissions must be received no later than Friday, Oct. 16, 2020 by 11:59 P.M. Central Time. The winner will be chosen and notified by email within 7 days following selection of a winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time the prize notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- No purchase or fees are necessary to enter or win. The contest is void where prohibited. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.