Overview of services in Albert Lea and Austin
Community Health Care Collaborative
Mission: Community partners collaborating to improve the health and well-being of the community through awareness, education and resources.
Members include representatives from Blue Zones, Senior Resources of Freeborn County, the City of Albert Lea, Freeborn County Public Health, the Albert Lea Family YMCA, Mayo Clinic Health System – Albert Lea and Austin and Thorne Crest Senior Living Community.
The Community Health Care Collaborative helped launch programs such as a Health Talk Series for seniors, Wind Down Wednesday initiative, presence at the Freeborn County Fair, health and well-being webinars, and events to highlight health improvement in the community. The increased collaboration with community partners and other organizations focused on health and well-being, continue to enhance our community.
With the core team responsible for setting the overall strategy and priorities and assuring alignment, workgroups focus on a key population or issues of utmost importance to the community. Workgroups share their work with the core team to assure coordination and collaboration across the groups. Initial focus areas include:
- Families (parents & children) – emphasis on addressing barriers and concerns related to the transition of labor and delivery.
- Seniors – collaboration of a variety of senior groups.
- Populations impacted by barriers to accessing health care.
- Mental well-being – partnering with existing efforts.
- Worksite wellness – enhancements to the existing Chamber committee:
- Sub-committee – Employee Resiliency Committee.
Community members are invited to get involved at the workgroup level to broaden the reach and input into the planning and programming. Core team and workgroups will meet on alternate months to maintain momentum and support for various initiatives identified.
For questions, contact Mayo Clinic Health System Community Engagement specialist Kathy Leidal at 507-377-6389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.